Nokia HF-6W FAQS
Back to Nokia HF-6W Product Page
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is new in the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit?
The Nokia Wireless Plug-in Car Kit features "speech tracking" technology, which improves audio quality significantly. A sophisticated algorithm uses data from four microphones to "listen" in, selecting from nineteen directions. The algorithm then locks to the direction from which most speech is "heard". The noise from other directions is filtered out.
- How can the Nokia HF-6W "listen" in up to nineteen directions with only four microphones?
Sound from different directions reaches the four microphones at slightly different points in time. The speech tracking technology takes advantage of this to pick out the sound coming from a certain direction, by selectively using the sounds picked up from several of the four microphones.
- How does the Nokia HF-6W distinguish between speech sounds and other sounds and noise?
The Nokia Wireless Plug-in Car Kit uses a technology called Voice Activity Detection (VAD), which is already in use in mobile phone networks.
- How are calls managed in the Nokia HF-6W Plug-in Car Kit?
Calls can be managed either through the user interface of the phone or the Nokia HF-6W. The user interface of the handsfree has built-in buttons for power, sending/ending calls, and adjusting volume. You can answer, reject, or end a call, redial the last called number, activate voice dialing (if supported by your phone), adjust the volume, mute or un-mute a call, and transfer a call from the handsfree to the phone or vice versa.
- What is included in the sales package of the Nokia Wireless Plug-in Car Handsfree?
The sales package includes the HF-6W Plug-in Unit, the Nokia CA-44 Charger Adapter, and User guide.
- Why is a mobile holder for a phone not included in the sales package?
As Nokia offers phones in a large variety of shapes and sizes, compatible Nokia mobile holders may be available separately.
- Who is the Nokia Wireless Plug-in Car Handsfree designed for?
The product is designed for people who are trying to balance between work and family. These people are networkers who appreciate mobile functionality and charging in their cars, they spend a lot of time on the road, and they are willing to pay a little extra for the comfort and convenience of charging and high-quality audio. Remember that road safety must be your main concern while driving and using the phone while driving is prohibited in some countries.
- What are the dimensions of the Nokia Wireless Plug-in Car Handsfree?
The dimensions of the handsfree unit are 5.12" long x 2.68" wide x 8.11" thick.
- What is the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit?
It is a vehicle accessory for in-car handsfree operation of compatible mobile phones which are simply plugged in the vehicle cigarette lighter socket. Your compatible mobile phone is connected to the Nokia HF-6W via Bluetooth wireless technology (Bluetooth 1.1 or 1.2 Handsfree Profile).
- How do I connect my phone to the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit?
The Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit and the compatible mobile phone are connected via Bluetooth wireless technology using Bluetooth Handsfree Profile.
- How can I turn on the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit?
The Nokia HF-6W is turned on by plugging it into the operational vehicle lighter socket and by pressing the power button.
- Is it possible to speak privately with the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit?
You can transfer an ongoing call from the Car Kit to the mobile phone by a long press of the send/end key. Remember that road safety must be your main concern while driving and using the phone while driving is prohibited in some countries.
- Can I charge my phone while it is connected to the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit?
A compatible Nokia mobile phone can be charged by plugging in the integrated mobile charger cable connector into the compatible mobile phone. After charging, the mobile charging cable can be retracted into the Nokia HF-6W unit body.
- What is Bluetooth 1.2?
Bluetooth 1.2 is an update of the Bluetooth 1.1 wireless connectivity protocol. Please visit www.bluetooth.org for details.
- Can I install the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit by myself?
Yes, the Nokia HF-6W can be self-installed by plugging it into the vehicle cigarette lighter socket in the car.
- Does the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit fit in any vehicle or are there some installation restrictions in some car models?
The Nokia HF-6W fits many vehicles. The location of your vehicle lighter socket depends on your vehicle type and model. Do not install the Nokia Wireless Plug-in Car Handsfree where it may hinder the safe operation of your car, impede visibility or in the area over the airbag or in the airbag deployment area. Doing so could result in serious injury if the airbag deploys.
- Can the audio of the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit be routed into the car's stereo system?
No, this is not possible. The Nokia Wireless Plug-in Car Handsfree has its own integrated speaker and microphones, so it is unnecessary to route the audio to the car's stereo system for handsfree operation.
- Is it possible to have an external antenna connection with the Nokia HF-6W Wireless Plug-in Car Kit?
No, the Nokia Wireless Plug-in Car Handsfree does not allow for an external antenna connection.